Romantic Playa Del Carmen Guide
Long walks on the beach, candlelit dinners, rooftops overlooking the Caribbean, shopping for that special something, beach weddings and a romantic room, Playa Del Carmen has all that romantic stuff! Here is a guide to romantic Playa Del Carmen for all you lovers.
Romantic Hotels in Playa Del Carmen
Your idea of a romantic hotel might be a little different from some other people but usually when people think of romantic rooms, it is a nice quiet place, it is a boutique hotel, maybe a Jacuzzi, and a room that just makes you feel like you are in a special location.
Playa Del Carmen has a lot of options for you with romance in mind. There are the all inclusive resorts in Playacar section of Playa Del Carmen and some are adult only. In Playacar we recommend Royal Hideaway because it is adult only and tranquil for the romantics. There are also resorts that are a European plan which means food and drink are not included but they still have the resort feel. The Grand Hyatt in the center of Playa is one of these hotels. The Grand Hyatt has a very romantic spa and has masages for couples so you can enjoy the experience together. The rooms are modern and overlook the ocean or the green mangrove courtyard.
Boutique hotels in romantic Playa Del Carmen:
- The Artisan Hotel. This small hotel is right on 5th Avenue and has only 22 rooms. The rooftop features a Jacuzzi and pool that overlooks 5th Avenue. You can even get a room with a Jacuzzi tub for those nights you want to spend in the room.
- The Aventura Mexicana Hotel. This hotel is in the center of Playa and the two unique things about this hotel is that there is an adult side to the hotel with pool and there is a restaurant attached to the property in case you don’t feel like going far from the room to eat. Around this property there are small patios and decks where couples can go off and relax in the sun together.
- The Palm Hotel. This hotel has some rooms with balconies where they can serve you a romantic private dinner. This hotel also has some of the nicest rooms in Playa Del Carmen. The rooms are open and spacious and the glass showers are so large you have plenty of space to save water and shower together. The rooftop has a beautiful pool and at sunset is a great place to have a drink.
If you would like to see prices for any of the above hotels, you can do so by clicking the link below.
Romantic Playa Del Carmen Restaurants
Dinning out is certainly romantic in the evenings in Playa Del Carmen. Many people eat a little later here so it is usually after dusk and the lights are a little lower and candles lit. The amazing variety of cuisine here will amaze you and you certainly have many options. Quinta Avenida or 5th Avenue as it is called, has many restaurants. It might be a little loud for you to have a romantic dinner here, so many of the recommendations are more private locations with great food. Here is a selection of places for you to think about.
- Afrodisiako Restaurant. This small boutique restaurant is just off 5th Avenue on a side street. They have only a few tables and is a nice setting to take someone special. If you have nothing to talk about the food certainly will loosen your tongue because this is one of the culinary delights in Playa. They have a great wine list for lovers and import many of their own wines including that special bubbly for romanic occasion.
- Alux Restaurant. This romantic Playa Del Carmen restaurant will surely be remembered as the spot where you had your moment. This restaurant is in a cave and is perfect for that quiet time. You can reserve a more private table here in your own corner of a cave. And if you decided to get married here, they even have a wedding chapel!
- Aldea Corazon Restaurant. Even though this restaurant is right on 5th Avenue, many people don’t know there is a private garden in the back that is a perfect setting for a romantic evening. Walk through the restaurant and you are in a quiet tropical space.
- Catch Restaurant. This restaurant is on the roof of the Thompson Hotel and looks out over the Caribbean. The cool lights of the rooftop pool and the twinkling lights of the city will make this a very romantic spot.
- Trattoria Del Centro. This favorite little Italian eatery has been renovated and a secret garden added in the back. Surprise your true love by coming here and wait till you see the look on their face when you enter the garden! You will also score points on the amazing food here too. This restaurant will make you fall in love with eating and each other.
- Don Chendo Restaurant. This restaurant is off the normal tourist area and offers a more affordable night out. It is mainly pasta and homemade gourmet pizzas. The lights are a warm yellow at night and they have a small wine list to add to your enjoyment. This is a small restaurant with hospitable staff.
- La Perla Pixan Cuisine and Mezcal Store. This is for the bohemian couple that wants some fun local food and drinks. The restaurant is small and table seating is close together. Some nights there is live music. This restaurant is as much a place for a fun evening and making an experience with someone special as it is good food and drink.
- Axiote Restaurant. This restaurant is just down the street from La Perla Pixan. The atmosphere is casual and calm but here the food and cocktails stand out. Wow that food lover with the Mexican menu that is a fusion of regional and modern technics.
Romantic Playa Del Carmen Shopping
Looking for that perfect little gift? Something to remember the romantic times in Playa Del Carmen? Here are some stores for you to check out including florist so you can make all the moments special.
- Casa Kuxtal. This one of a kind store is a nice place to look at handmade jewelry. You will be getting good materials and not just some knockoff mass produced items.
- Corazon De Mexico. What could be more romantic then a heart decoration? This small store has hundreds of hearts in all materials and sizes. Each one is a little Mexican inspired. This store is right on 5th Avenue near 14th Street.
- Caracol Purpura. This is a collection of various artist. In this store you can find Mexican crafts and jewelry for that special someone.
- Pineda Covolin. This store is a Mexican designer that uses silk. Items here are very well made and this makes for a great place to buy that special someone a gift. Most things are for women here but there are items for men also.
- Want to buy some flowers for someone special? Check out our flower guide to Playa Del Carmen here.
- Here is a great local tip!!! What is more romantic then a massage? A massage with chocolate massage oil! The local cafes of Ah Cacao sell this product and it only cost about $2USD and comes in a 1.4 oz. bottle so you can even take some home in a carryon. Not only will it feel great, you will smell great too!!
- There are two adult stores in Playa Del Carmen if you want some romantic toys and supplies. Both of the stores are on 1st Avenue. One is between Constituyentes Avenue and 20th Street and the other is between 26th Street and 28th Street. These are both in the downtown and easy to get to.
We hope you have a very romantic time in Playa Del Carmen. The beach, restaurants, atmosphere, all add to a special time.
Do you like a special romantic Playa Del Carmen place that is not on this list? Tell us about it in the comments below. We love to hear from our readers.
Print This Post