9 Good Bakeries in Playa Del Carmen
We love sharing the good things here in Playa Del Carmen. Having fresh made bread or a great pastry can enhance anyone’s day. Here is a list of bakeries in Playa Del Carmen. Almost each bakery has a link to the article on it so you can see photos and more information.
We hope you enjoy these and if you have anything you loved and what to tell us and others about it, let us know in the comments below.
- Location: Chez Celine is located right on 5th Avenue between 32nd and 34th Streets on the east side of the street. Hours: Open everyday from 8:00 am. -11:00pm. Description: French style bakery with baking done on premise. There is a large selection and the have good coffee too.
- Location: 40th Avenue between 8th Street and 10th Street. Hours: Monday-Friday 7:30am-7:00pm Saturday 8:00am-2:00pm. Description: German style bakery with pastries and breads. Anja the baker has been popular in Playa Del Carmen for some time now.
- Location: Constituyentes Avenue between 10th Avenue and 15th Avenue on the south side of the street. Hours: Open Monday-Friday 8:30am-7:00pm Saturday 8:30am-8:00pm. closed Sundays. Description: Cupcakes, cheesecakes wedding cakes, tarts, cookies and more! Lots of moist baked goods. English and Spanish spoken.
- Location: 10th Avenue between 38th Street and 40th Street. Hours: 7:00am-10:00pm daily. Description: This bakery is from the city of Merida. They have traditional Mexican bakery items and a little more. There is a large selection and they have good prices for bakery items and coffee. This can be a great place to grab something to go or eat on their patio.
- Location: This bakery is on 15th Avenue and the corner of 24th Street. Hours: 7:00am-9:00pm Tuesdays-Sundays. Closed Mondays. Description: Besides having great coffee this place has a good bakery with things like croissants and cookies.
- Location: It is located on 25th Avenue between 28th Street and 30th Street. Hours: Open 8:00am-8:00pm Tues-Sun. Closed Mondays. Description: Argentinian style bakery.
- Location: CTM Avenue between 1st Avenue and Cozumel Avenue. Hours: 8:00am-9:00pm daily Description: This is the only vegan bakery in Playa Del Carmen. This is a cute location to sit and have a excellent vegan and vegetarian food and a vegan treat.
- Location: It is located on 34th St. between 40th and 45th Avenues on the south side of the street. Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-8:00pm, Saturday 19:00am-3:00pm, closed Sundays. Description: Argentinian style bakery with some moist bites.
- Location: 16th Street between 5th Avenue and 1st Avenue. Hours: Open daily from 7:00am-10:00pm. Description: Small bakery with bread, pastries and coffee.
Our Top Picks for Best Bakeries in Playa Del Carmen
It might be surprising that there are no Mexican style bakeries on our favorite list. Or rather it might not be that surprising if you have visited a few. Mexican bakeries tend to have the same products and they tend to be a little dry. Here are top picks in alphabetical order.
- Chez Celine. We like the wide selection in this French bakery, not to mention good tasting tarts, croissants, and other sweet treats.
- Da Brot Bakery. This bakery is out of the way of tourist but those that seek it get a pick of some homemade goodness from this German style bakery. Check out the fresh baked breads for meal and the pastries for a treat.
What is your favorite bakery in Playa Del Carmen? What do they make that tempts you every time? Let us know in the comments below.