How much is a taxi from the Cancun Airport to Playa Del Carmen?
How much is a taxi from the Cancun Airport to Playa Del Carmen? This is a frequently asked question because people want to get from the airport to their hotel easily. The answer is, there is no set price. It is often the same or more than booking a private transfer for your trip. At the Cancun Airport there are not set prices for taxis nor are there booths to buy tickets for taxis. Taxis also do not have meters, so each fare is negotiated or just asked for when you arrive at your destination.
One of the things most people don’t realize is the distances from the Cancun Airport to destinations in the Riviera Maya. For example, from the Cancun Airport to Playa Del Carmen the time is about 50 minutes to one hour. Since the distances and time are larger, taxis are expensive. There are also advantages to pre-booking your private transfer like this one.
The BEST option for tourist transportation from the Cancun Airport
Since taxis are not the best option for visitors, we recommend a private transfer for your transportation to and from the Cancun Airport to Playa Del Carmen. These transfers only for you and those in your family traveling with you. We do not operate this service, this is a recommended service we refer our readers to. The button below will take you directly to their website where you can book your transportation.
This transfer service from the Cancun Airport to Playa Del Carmen or wherever you need to go is easy. They offer vans for whatever size group you have, bilingual drivers, fully insured service and even discounts for booking a round trip. You can book with confidence in this company because they have a great reputation and we have never had any complaints about them from our readers.
Other reasons why a taxi is not the best choice from the Cancun Airport
Here are a few reasons why just taking a taxi is not the best option when arriving at the Cancun Airport.
- There is no set price for taxis and you will need to ask or negotiate the price.
- Taxis are smaller cars, private transfers are vans and you will have more space for your luggage and ride.
- The private transfer company we recommend offers a discount for a round trip. This is something taxis cannot offer because you would take a different taxi back to the Cancun Airport.
- Pre-booking a transfer will mean you have a driver waiting for you and you will save time at the airport. If you book round trip, you will not have to look for a ride back to the airport.
- The private transfer company we recommended above will have a bilingual driver to help you and make your trip easier.
What about taking the ADO bus to Playa Del Carmen and a taxi to my hotel?
Some people on a budget might want to take the ADO bus from the Cancun Airport to Playa Del Carmen. The ADO bus is the only public transportation from the Cancun Airport. The ADO bus only has one stop in Playa Del Carmen at the Juarez Avenue bus station. Most hotels and rentals that people are staying at are not that close to the station, so they will need to take a taxi.
Taxis are available outside the bus station, but operate at a higher cost than normal taxis in Playa Del Carmen because they are from a taxi stand. Some of the hotels are actually about 15-20 minute taxi rides from the bus station. These trips can be expensive and negate any savings with the bus, not to mention the extra time in the bus and changing over to a taxi.
Overall, we always recommend a private transfer because even though some large hotels are listed at Playa Del Carmen, they can be north or south of town and this requires a large taxi fare in addition to your bus fare. Often times, passing your hotel only the have to double back in a taxi. Most people after a flight and traveling to Mexico, will want to get to their hotel in a timely fashion. Private transfers allow you to relax and arrive quickly at your hotel without having to worry about much.
Now that you have figured out the best way to get from the Cancun Airport to Playa Del Carmen…
Here are some other articles you might like about visiting the area and how to spend your time in Playa Del Carmen.
- BEST things to do in Playa Del Carmen while on vacation.
- What to buy in Playa Del Carmen. These are suggestions for gifts and what is made locally.
- Unique things you can do in and around Playa Del Carmen.
- What are the most popular tours from Playa Del Carmen?