Mamitas Beach Club
Mamitas Beach Club is possibly the hottest spot to go to during the day in Playa Del Carmen. It sits in the middle of Playa Del Carmen in the trendy neighborhood just about three blocks from 5th Avenue. If you want to be with the ” in crowd” and “jet set party scene” then this is your place. This beach was listed as the best beach in Playa Del Carmen on our top 5 list of best beaches for good reason. Lets see what Mamitas Beach Club is all about.
Playa Del Carmen is not a fisherman’s village anymore and once you visit here you will see they are putting Playa Del Carmen on the map as a first class destination for people that like to party and relax on vacation. Move over Ibiza, Playa Del Carmen has arrived!
What makes Mamitas Beach Club so cool?
- Wide white sand beach with nice ocean view.
- Beach chairs, umbrellas and beach beds available.
- VIP pool and bed area
- Chill lounge/electronica music playing.
- Waiter service that includes food and drinks.
- Club house with sit down restaurant, bathrooms and outdoor showers.
- Glamorous and fit people from all over the world that appreciate all the things above.
Lets talk prices at Mamitas Beach Club
Beach chairs, beds and umbrella rental
- Kit 2 beach sun beds and 1 umbrella >$200 pesos (2 persons max.)
- Kit 2 beach sun beds and 1 umbrella >$500 pesos (2 persons max., includes $300 pesos for food and beverages)
- Extra beach sun bed > $100 pesos (per person)
- Small beach bed >$2,200 pesos (2 persons max., includes $2,000 pesos for food and beverages)
- Large beach bed >$3,200 pesos (6 persons max., includes $3,000 pesos for food and beverages)
- Extra bracelet > $10 pesos (per person)
Family pool area prices
- Kit 2 beach sun beds and 1 umbrella > $500 pesos (2 persons max., includes $300 pesos for food and beverages)
- Lounge area > $700 pesos (6 persons max., includes $500 pesos for food and beverages)
VIP lounge area prices
- Kit 2 beach sun beds and 1 umbrella >$1,800 pesos (2 persons max., includes $1,500 pesos for food and beverages)
- VIP beds >$3,500 pesos (6 persons max., includes $3,000 pesos for food and beverages)
- Extra bracelet > $50 pesos (per person)
Food Menu and Drink Prices at Mamitas
You have to consider the luxury of being at the beach and having everything brought to you when thinking about prices. Compared to restaurants they are 5th Avenue prices and tend to be on the higher end. This is not for people that want to go to the beach everyday or those that live here year round. It is more of a relaxing special day at the beach.
Here are some sample prices off the menu.
Salads= 90-145 pesos
Chicken sandwich =145 pesos
Lemonade=35 pesos Small
1 Lt Evian Water =90 pesos
Red Bull=55 pesos
Most cocktails=120 pesos
Breakfast at Mamitas Beach Club Restaurant
If you like getting up early in the day, Mamitas has a great breakfast right on the beach. In fact it is one of our favorite places in Playa for breakfast. Here is our article about what breakfast is like at Mamitas.
Other things about Mamitas
Mamitas is building a large swimming pool for lounging around so look for this to open soon.
Concerts and music festivals often take place at Mamitas. For more about Corona Elements music festival at Mamitas, click here. DJ Fest also is an annual event at Mamitas.
Below is a short time lapse video showing a busy day at Mamitas Beach Club. You can see many people enjoying jet skis, catamaran boats and parasailing.
Open 9am-6pm Monday -Sundays.
Credit cards accepted.
Where is Mamitas Beach Club?
Mamitas is located at 28th Street and the beach. As you reach the beach it is on the left. Parking is available in paid lot. There is very limited on street parking due to the popularity of the area.
So if you are coming to Playa Del Carmen and want a lounge/chill place to hangout during the day and you don’t mind paying for the services they offer, then this is your place to come to. If you have the umbrellas you can move around and have sun and shade all day. In the beds there are curtains that can block or allow as much sun as you care to have.
Happy beach day everyone!
If you are looking for other beach clubs in Playa Del Carmen, here is our guide to all of them and a map.
Have you been to Mamitas Beach Club before? What did you think? Let us know in the comments below, we would love to here from you!