Public Bathrooms in Playa Del Carmen
It is always good to know where public bathrooms are. There are not a lot in downtown Playa, so pay attention here. We recommend going in your hotel before going out or at the restaurant you eat in, but hey, when you gotta go, you gotta go. Here is our list of public bathrooms near the heart of Playa Del Carmen.
- Located in the south end of 5th Avenue shopping area called Paseo Del Carmen, this bathroom is nicely air conditioned and large. Bathrooms are downstairs so limited mobility will need to use the handicap bathroom.
- On the Cozumel Ferry Pier there are public bathrooms. They are on the second level where departures are.
- The ADO bus station located on 5th and Juarez Avenue. It is a pay bathroom. 10 pesos gets you in.
- These bathrooms are in an older shopping plaza called Plaza Pelicanos on 10th Avenue between 8th and 10th Streets. Sometimes these are locked.
- The Quinta Alegria shopping mall on 5th Avenue and Constituyentes Avenue has bathrooms on the top floor in the back side.
- Walmart has a bathroom in the front of the store by the checkouts It is not pretty, but there is one.
- Aki supermarket has a bathroom at the front of the store.
- Mega supermarket has bathrooms near the food court. Check for toilet paper before you sit down.
- The ADO bus station on 20th Avenue and 12th St. It is the same set up as the other bus station. It is a pay toilet. 10 pesos get you in.
- Mamitas Beach club has pay public toilets for those that are on the beach. You will get a bracelet and be able to use it multiple times.
- The new Chedraui select on 10th Avenue and 34thstreet has a bathroom inside for the public.