Mimosa 36 Vacation rental in Playa Del Carmen
Vacation rentals are a popular way to stay in Playa Del Carmen. They can offer you the comforts of home and be an affordable option for your stay. There are many rental properties and we wanted to show one to you. We visited and walked through the property so we can tell you exactly what it is like.
This penthouse condo is on 5th Avenue and the corner of 38th Street. It is a smaller building with 15 more upscale condos. So that means it is a quieter building. This condo has three levels, the main walk-in level there is a kitchen, dinning area and living room, half bath and a bedroom with double bed. There is a small balcony you can see in the photo below that looks over 5th Avenue.
On the lower level you have the two larger bedrooms with king size beds and two large bathrooms in the rooms. We really like the bathrooms in these bedrooms because they are large and open with glass shower stalls. The toilet has a separate room. There is also a washer and dryer on this floor.
The top level is the terrace. You can see the ocean from this level. This is a nice space to have coffee in the morning and watch the sunrise, take some sun during the day or in the cooler evening hours have drinks. To further enjoy this outdoor space there is a gas grill.
Other property features
- Swimming pool at the condo complex.
- Two TV’s. They come with cable and Netflix.
- Underground parking.
- Air-conditioning throughout the unit.
- Fully equiped kitchen complete with drinking water delivery.
- Two king size beds and one double bed. This unit is good for 5 or 6 people.
In low season this unit goes for $220 USD a night. In peak season it is $280 USD a night. Holiday periods it is $340 USD a night.
*Note: Taxes and fees are not included in rates above.
If you are interested in renting this unit you can see more details and prices here.
This penthouse condo is located on upper 5th Avenue and the corner of 38th Street. This is nice because it is on the northern end of 5th Avenue and a little more quiet. On this end of Playa there are many good places to choose from to eat and drink. Here are just a few to mention:
- La Perla Pixan Cuisine and Mezcal Store- traditional Mexican restaurant with good food and vibe.
- La Piola Restaurant- this restaurant is just across from this condo and features and Italian style menu and an awsome basil martini!
- Chez Celine- is a French style cafe that has great baked goods and is a good place for breakfast if you dont feel like cooking.
The beach is straight down 38th Street (about two and a half blocks). The beach here is nice and not as crowded as the center of Playa beaches. The beach here is north of Mamitas where the younger crowd goes, so it is more tame at this beach.