Transfer or taxi from Cancun Airport to Playa Del Carmen?
So you are flying into Mexico and would like to know if a transfer or a taxi from Cancun Airport to Playa Del Carmen is better. Taxis are the usualy way people around the world get from the airport to their hotel but what about the Riviera Maya? One thing that makes flying into Cancun Airport different is the fact it is further to destinations like Playa Del Carmen then most cities. A taxi to Playa Del Carmen from the Cancun Airport takes 45-50 minutes. This is a lot of time in a taxi and why it cost as much as it does.
Since Cancun Airport transportation is regulated, each transport has to have a special license, and this is expensive. Normal taxis cannot pick people up at the Cancun Airport. That is why a “taxi” at Cancun Airport is just like a private transfer. So there is not really much difference between the two. This is why we are going to recommend one company to you that has excellent service and prices for our readers.
Why we prefer a private transfer from Cancun Airport to Playa Del Carmen
We recommend a private transfer over a taxi for several reasons. You have a set price and the ability to have your driver waiting for you at the terminal. The driver knows exactly where your hotel is and takes you directly there. There is no curbside negotiation about the price. The prices for the private transfer can be cheaper than a taxi. And lastly, the vans are more comfortable and more spacious for the 45-50 minute ride to Playa Del Carmen or where ever you are going.
What a private transfer taxi is like
We have you covered with one of the best companies that our readers enjoy. Below you will find different destinations in the Riviera Maya and what the prices are for private transfers from Cancun Airport. Before you look below, here are a few details about this transfer company that we recommend.
- All prices for the Cancun Airport transfers include taxes and fees.
- The price for the entire van and not per person.
- The transfer company is insured.
- A bilingual driver will meet you at the Cancun Airport.
- This is a very reliable transfer service with the best prices for our readers.
How to find your private transfer taxi from Cancun Airport?
It is pretty easy. First book your one way or round trip by clicking the links below. Select your destination. Once you have booked, when you exit the airport terminal your driver will be waiting for you. Then it is a smooth transfer to your destination. If you have booked a round trip, they will give you the time for your pickup and you are all set to focus on your vacation.
Private transfers from Cancun Airport map to the Riviera Maya
Where do you want to go from the Cancun Airport? This map will show you the locations of areas and the prices of transfers plus links to book them.
Private transfer taxi from Cancun Airport to Playa Del Carmen
Playa Del Carmen is south of the Cancun Airport and it will take about 50 minutes to arrive at the city. Here are transfer prices.
- 1-3 people it is $60 USD one way or $110 USD round trip.
- 4-7 people it is $70 USD one way or $120USD round trip.
- 8-10 people it is $85USD one way or $135 USD round trip.
Private transfer taxi from Cancun Airport to Cancun
The prices for a transfer from the Cancun Airport to both the Hotel Zone and the Downtown of Cancun are the same.
- 1-3 people it is $35 USD one way or $55 USD round trip.
- 4-7 people it is $40 USD one way or $65 USD round trip.
- 8-10 people it is $50 USD one way or $80 USD round trip.
Transfers from the Cancun Airport to Puerto Morelos
Puerto Morelos is just south of the Cancun Airport and will take a little over 20 minutes. Here are the prices for transfers.
- 1-3 people it is $40 USD one way or $70 USD round trip.
- 4-7 people it is $50 USD one way or $85 USD round trip.
- 8-10 people it is $65USD one way or $100 USD round trip.
Cancun Airport private transfers to Tulum
From Cancun Airport to Tulum a transfer takes about one hour and a half. That is why we like the private transfers so they take your directly and comfortably. Prices for transfers are as follows.
- 1-3 people it is $100 USD one way or $175 USD round trip.
- 4-7 people it is $110 USD one way or $200 USD round trip.
- 8-10 people it is $115USD one way or $220 USD round trip.
If you did not see your destination listed above, see the map and click on the area you need to go to. There is a link in each section for booking your transfer.
Did we answer all your questions about getting a private transfer or taxi from Cancun Airport to Playa Del Carmen? Do you have an questions or comments? Let us know below in the comment section. We would love to hear from you.