Restaurants in Playa Del Carmen that are more for meat lovers
If you love meat restaurants then here is a good selection for you. These meat restaurants in Playa Del Carmen offer everything from French roast chicken to T-bone. There are high end places as well as local finds. There are of course many other good restaurants that have meat dishes but this list are more the restaurants that focus on mostly meat.
Just meat restaurants in Playa Del Carmen
- Ipanema’s Grill Location: 10th Avenue and 10th Street in the center of Playa Del Carmen. Hours: Open daily for lunch and dinner. Description: This is a Brazilian steak house. Here you can eat from the salad bar and have meat brought to your table. This is a more affordable option than some of the other similar style restaurants in Playa Del Carmen.
- Plank Restaurant. Location: 16th Street between 1st. Avenue and 5th Avenue. Hours: Saturday and Sunday 9:00am-2:00pm. Description: This restaurant is known for it’s weekend brunch and fine dinning for dinner. There is a large selection of meats on the menu, everything from beef to salmon.
- Manne´s Biergarten Location: Manne’s is on 4th Street between 10th Avenue and 15th Avenue. Hours: Wednesday-Monday 4:00pm-1:00am. Closed Tuesday. Description: German food and beer along with local charm and friendly people. Have a sausage or other meat dish here.
- 500 Gramos Grill Location: This restaurant is just off 5th Avenue between 34th Street and 38th Street. It is on a small Plaza called Plaza San Pedro. On the back left hand side of the plaza is the restaurant. Hours: Wednesday-Mondays 2:00pm-10:45pm. Closed Tuesdays. Description: This meat restaurant is know for good beef steaks. The price is very affordable, great tasting and probably why this restaurant is busy often. The couple that runs this restaurant is always caring about their customers and coming to your table.
- Bovino’s Churrascaria Location: Corner of 10th Avenue and 12th Street. Hours: Daily from 12 noon-12 midnight. Description: Brazilian style steakhouse with international buffet. This is a high end restaurant but offers a good place for special occasions. Since opening it is getting a little overshadowed by some of the new steak houses on 5th Avenue but still holding its own.
Chicken Restaurants in Playa Del Carmen
- La Brocherie Restaurant Location: 15th Avenue between 4th and 6th St. Hours: Open Monday – Saturdays from about 10:30am-10pm. Description: Enthusiastic owner will whip up French style roast chicken or other good food with good value.
- El Pechugon Location: Corner of Juarez Avenue and 10th Avenue. Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-8:00pm. Saturday and Sunday 9:00am-6:00pm. Description: Small street side roast chicken restaurant where you can get a meal package. This is kind of fast food , but oh the goodness! Make sure you get the small roast potatoes.
- Ferron’s Jamaican Jerk Chicken Location: The easiest way to get to Ferron’s is to go up Constituyentes going inland and across the 307 highway. Go to 105th Avenue and turn left. It is just off Constituyentes on the side street, so keep an eye out for it. Hours: Open Tuesdays -Sundays 12:00-5:00pm Closed Mondays. Description: Roast jerk chicken with all the sides. This place is popular with locals more because it is out of the center.
Hamburger places for the meat lover
- 3XL Comida Grande Location: 8th Street between 25th and 30th Avenues (in front of Walmart)Hours: 1:00pm-11:00pm daily Description: Hamburgers made to order with a large variety of toppings. This place is clean and fresh and has shakes.
- The Jumbo Grill Location: On the street facing Centro Maya Mall. Hours: Open Monday-Sunday 1:00pm-10:00pm Description: Roadside grilled burgers and more. Local favorite with good taste.
- The Rustic Location: The Rustic is on 10th Avenue between 44th Street and Calle 46 (AKA Avenida CTM). Hours: Open everyday Monday-Sunday 7:30am-10:30pm. Description: Hamburger and sandwich restaurant on the north end of downtown. Very good burgers with casual atmosphere.
- Shark Burgers Location: 28th Street between 1st Avenue and the beach. Hours: 9:00am-2:00am daily. Description: Popular with young people for the big burgers. This restaurant makes a good stop coming back from Mamitas Beach.
- La Burgueseria. Location: In the Paseo Del Carmen food market on 10th Avenue between Juarez Avenue and Calle 1 Sur. Hours: Open daily Description: Small lunch counter in Mercado Paseo Del Carmen that focuses on burgers. All types of meat and seafood burgers all made fresh.
- Biker House Ruta 307 Location: Constituyentes Avenue between 100th Avenue and 105th Avenue on the right side. Hours: Monday-Sunday 1:00pm-1:00am Description: Good place for burgers with casual atmosphere. This is more for locals since it is off the tourist trail.
Our recommendations for the best meat restaurants in Playa Del Carmen
For steak at great value we have to say 500 Gramos, for chicken roasted with care, La Brocherie and say hello to Fabian the chef. For a nice night out with a large menu and desert options, Plank Restaurant is a good choice
If you are looking for a burger, see our guide to finding the best burger in Playa Del Carmen.
For our complete guide to restaurants in Playa Del Carmen, see our guide here.
What are some of your favorite meat restaurants in Playa Del Carmen? Let us know in the comments below. We would love to hear from you.