Here is a list of good Italian restaurants in Playa Del Carmen where you can get your fill of pasta and pizza. Some of these are also the best Italian food that Playa Del Carmen has to offer. Plus see our reviews.
Top Picks of the Best Italian Restaurants Playa Del Carmen
These are just in alphabetical order. The best restaurant is the one you like best!
- Casa Sophia. This is a popular local restaurant on the south end of town. It always seems to be busy and it must be because you get good value here. Many menu items here are prices between 90-120 pesos.The menu is large and includes many pastas, pizzas and vegetarian options. The atmosphere is casual but you can feel a little elegant with the indoor air conditioned room with a chandelier. There is also outdoor seating. Casa Sofia is on the south end of Playa Del Carmen on Avenida Aviacion. This is the diagonal street on the south side of the airport. It is in one of the plazas in the front. Most people would take a taxi here since it is out of the immediate center of Playa Del Carmen. For more on Casa Sophia see our article here.
Don Chendo Restaurant
- Don Chendo Restaurant. This is another popular local Italian style restaurant. What makes this place special is the owner that has a passion for food. First of all the pizzas are Chicago deep dish style with a little gourmet twist. Most of the recipes are from Italy and they take good care of having a consistent product in this small restaurant. The atmosphere is casual and getting assistance in English is no problem here. This restaurant is on 30th Avenue between 24th Street and 26th Street. For more about Don Chendo Restaurant see our article here.
La Famiglia Restaurant
- La Famiglia Restaurant. This Italian restaurant is popular with locals and tourist. It has a convenient location right on 10th Avenue. The pizzas are some of our favorites and the pastas are good as well. This restaurant is a little more expensive then the first two but worth it. This is the type of restaurant you order wine with you meal and enjoy Italian food. The atmosphere is casual but preppy. La Famiglia Restaurant is on 10th Avenue between 10th Street and 12th Street. For more about La Famiglia see our article here.
Romeo Trattoria Pizzeria Restaurant
- Romeo Trattoria Pizzeria Restaurant. This Italian restaurant is also always busy. It is know for the flat crust pizza and well prepared pasta dishes. There is a lot to choose from on the menu including some good wines. The people that come here the most are tourist that stay in Playa Del Carmen each year and return to eat at this popular Italian restaurant and locals that love the food here. The atmosphere is casual but nice. The place is always abuzz at night. Romeo is located on 4th Street between 10th Avenue and 15th Avenue. For more about Romeo Restaurant see our article here.
More Italian Restaurants in Playa Del Carmen
There are so many Italian restaurants in Playa Del Carmen that selecting the top ones is hard. Many Italian immigrant have settled in Playa Del Carmen and have brought their traditions with them plus the food is so popular. Here are some more options for you to try.
This is a restaurant for locals when you want an inexpensive pasta meal. This restaurant has a location in Cancun and Playa Del Carmen and knows how to cater to the comfort food crowd on a budget. This restaurant is a good distance out of the tourist area but has a nice garden setting for dining. Think pasta is cream sauces. This is a very casual place and few tourist make it over to this restaurant. Cheesters is located on 40th Avenue between 4th Street and 4 Bis Street. For more about Cheesters Restaurant you can read about it in our article here.
This is one of the very few restaurants in the Playacar section of Playa Del Carmen. Despite looking like a lounge/bar they do have some authentic Italian dishes. You can dine in or have delivery from this restaurant. They are also known for being the go to place for pizza delivery in Playacar. This restaurant in Playacar Phase 2 on the back side in Plaza Pakal. For more about Latinos Restaurant you can read our article here.
This restaurant is known for three things:
- The basil martinis which are really tasty.
- The nice garden setting with tropical plants.
- And the consistency of the pizza and pasta.
Piola Restaurant is a chain restaurant but this one breaks the mold a little with the nice setting. Locals like it because it is a good place to go with a group of friends for a casual dinner and tourist like it because it is close to 5th Avenue but it gives you a nice setting to relax in. This restaurant is on 38th Street between 5th Avenue and the beach. For more about Piola you can see our article here.
Primer Plato Restaurant
This is a small authentic Italian restaurant in Playa Del Carmen. It is run by friendly people. This is more of a daytime restaurant and a place to grab a bite of fresh made pasta at very inexpensive prices. There is not much seating here but if you do get a place you can enjoy the charm of this neighborhood restaurant. This restaurant is on 15th Avenue just below Juarez Avenue and before you get to Calle 1 Sur. For more about Primer Plato Restaurant you can read our article here.
Trattoria Del Centro
This is an authentic Napolitano Italian restaurant. This is a casual but smart restaurant with good food and a little more seafood options than you get at other Italian restaurants in Playa. Check out the nice seating area in the back! This restaurant is on 26th Street just off 5th Avenue. It is between 5th Avenue and 10th Avenue. For more about Trattoria Del Centro see our article here.
Zero Zero Pizza
This is mainly a pizza restaurant on 38th Street. This is in a nice open setting with trees around it. The pizza is thing crust but not a dry thin crust pizza. One thing that makes this restaurant good also are the cocktails. They have good value and nice combinations. They also serve artisanal beet here. So come here for a casual place to have pizza and drinks. Zero Zero is on 38th Street between 5th Avenue and the beach. For more about Zero Zero see our article here including their hours.
What is your favorite Italian Restaurant in Playa Del Carmen? We would love to hear your comments below!