It is always good to know where pubic bathrooms are. There are not a lot in downtown Playa, so pay attention here. We recommend going in your hotel before going out or at the restaurant you eat in, but hey, when you gotta go, you gotta go. Here is our list of public bathrooms near the heart of Playa.
1) Located in the south end of 5th Avenue shopping area called Paseo Del Carmen, this bathroom is nicely air conditioned and large. Bathrooms are down stairs so limited mobility will need to use the handicap bathroom.
2) The ADO bus station located on 5th and Juarez Avenue. It is a pay bathroom. 5 pesos gets you in.
3) These bathrooms are in an older shopping plaza called Plaza Pelicanos on 10th Avenue between 8th and 10th Streets. Sometimes these are locked.
4) The Quinta Alegria shopping mall on 5th Avenue and Constituyentes Avenue has bathrooms on the top floor in the back side.
5) Walmart has a bathroom in the front of the store by the checkouts It is not pretty, but there is one.
6) Aki supermarket has a bathroom at the front of the store.
7) Mega supermarket has bathrooms near the food court. Check for toilet paper before you sit down.
8) The ADO bus station on 20th Avenue and 12th St. It is the same set up as the other bus station. It is a pay toilet. 5 pesos get you in.